POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Trivial trigonometry (Message 31 to 40 of 178)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Trivial trigonometry
Date: 30 Nov 2009 06:35:01
Message: <web.4b13acc76ad665b96dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> OK, so according to the best data I could get my hands on, Alpha Centuri
> A is about 430 light years away

Um, I'm pretty sure that should be 4.3 lightyears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_centauri

That will make your numbers a little more sensible. There are very few naked-eye
stars that are as far as 400 lightyears - only highly luminous giants like
betelgeuse.

:)

Post a reply to this message

>> OK, so according to the best data I could get my hands on, Alpha Centuri
>> A is about 430 light years away
>
> Um, I'm pretty sure that should be 4.3 lightyears.
>
> That will make your numbers a little more sensible. There are very few naked-eye
> stars that are as far as 400 lightyears - only highly luminous giants like
> betelgeuse.
>
> :)

EPIC FAIL. >_<

Maybe I should just go away and live in a box somewhere. :-S

Post a reply to this message