POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ...
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:38:08
Message: <4b05f300$1@news.povray.org>
Captain Jack schrieb:

> I've been treated for ADD for about ten years now, and I was simply amazed
> at the difference when I first started taking meds for it. Oh, how I wish I
> could go back in time and find that army of school teachers who always said,
> "Jack's smart enough, he just doesn't *apply* himself."

Hum... how come that all sounds pretty familiar to me?

Maybe I should ask my doctor about it, too.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:52:31
Message: <4b05f65f$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis schrieb:

> How much of it would have to do with placebo? ;)

Probably nil. ADD med is pretty mean stuff that you should positively
/not/ take unless you do indeed suffer from ADD. At least that's what I
heard from a family who has a child suffering from ADD. Something along
the lines of, their child's single dose would be enough to get a normal
adult into some serious and possibly life-threatening neurological mess.

Post a reply to this message

>> How much of it would have to do with placebo? ;)
>
> Probably nil. ADD med is pretty mean stuff that you should positively
> /not/ take unless you do indeed suffer from ADD. At least that's what I
> heard from a family who has a child suffering from ADD. Something along
> the lines of, their child's single dose would be enough to get a normal
> adult into some serious and possibly life-threatening neurological mess.

	I think he was suggesting that what Mike's taking is a placebo...

--
I didn't know my husband drank until one day he came home sober.

Post a reply to this message