POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... : Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Nov 2009 09:28:19
Message: <4b06a783$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2009 11:36 PM, clipka wrote:
> Neeum Zawan schrieb:
>>>
>>> Probably nil. ADD med is pretty mean stuff that you should positively
>>> /not/ take unless you do indeed suffer from ADD. At least that's what I
>>> heard from a family who has a child suffering from ADD. Something along
>>> the lines of, their child's single dose would be enough to get a normal
>>> adult into some serious and possibly life-threatening neurological mess.
>>
>> I think he was suggesting that what Mike's taking is a placebo...
>
> ... and I was suggesting that it probably wasn't ;-)

Definitely not. As Christoph suggested, the medication is not exactly
subtle. There are side effects, I'm mostly aware of an elevated heart
rate, that and I learned that if I take it too late in the day, I will
not be able to get to sleep.

As for neurological mess? I dunno ... From what I've read is that a dose
higher than is needed can cause some very strange behaviors and even
psychosis, but the dosage I'm on is therapeutic.

--
~Mike