POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meetings Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Meetings (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Invisible
Subject: Meetings
Date: 19 Nov 2009 09:41:23
Message: <4b055913@news.povray.org>
God save us all from pointless meetings! >_<

I just wasted two hours of my life listening to some old women ramble on
aimlessly about good communication. (Irony?)

Post a reply to this message

> God save us all from pointless meetings! >_<
>
> I just wasted two hours of my life listening to some old women ramble on
> aimlessly about good communication. (Irony?)

My ex-wife always used to say I never listened to her-- or something like
that, I think, maybe.

Post a reply to this message

> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>> God save us all from pointless meetings! >_<
>>
>> I just wasted two hours of my life listening to some old women ramble on
>> aimlessly about good communication. (Irony?)
>
> My ex-wife always used to say I never listened to her-- or something like
> that, I think, maybe.

HAHAHA! Brilliant!
--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message

> I just wasted two hours of my life listening to some old women ramble on
> aimlessly about good communication. (Irony?)

Oh goodie, another pointless meeting about to start. >_<

Post a reply to this message

> Oh goodie, another pointless meeting about to start. >_<

Why are you going then?  I just don't go to meetings like that, and ask
someone who is more involved in it to tell me any important points that I
should be interested in.

Post a reply to this message

>> Oh goodie, another pointless meeting about to start. >_<
>
> Why are you going then?  I just don't go to meetings like that, and ask
> someone who is more involved in it to tell me any important points that
> I should be interested in.

Because I would probably be subject to a disciplinary hearing if I
didn't turn up. (Unless I had a damned good reason...)

Post a reply to this message

>> Why are you going then?  I just don't go to meetings like that, and ask
>> someone who is more involved in it to tell me any important points that I
>> should be interested in.
>
> Because I would probably be subject to a disciplinary hearing if I didn't
> turn up. (Unless I had a damned good reason...)

Well sorry, but to me not going to a meeting because there is no point in me
going *is* a damn good reason.  Why would the company want me to waste my
time going somewhere that wasn't going to benefit me or the company when I
could be doing other stuff?

Post a reply to this message

>>> Why are you going then?  I just don't go to meetings like that, and
>>> ask someone who is more involved in it to tell me any important
>>> points that I should be interested in.
>>
>> Because I would probably be subject to a disciplinary hearing if I
>> didn't turn up. (Unless I had a damned good reason...)
>
> Well sorry, but to me not going to a meeting because there is no point
> in me going *is* a damn good reason.  Why would the company want me to
> waste my time going somewhere that wasn't going to benefit me or the
> company when I could be doing other stuff?

Because this company truely *believes* that this meeting was actually
really, really important. The Director of HR herself has flown over to
the UK especially to talk to us about this critical new employee
performance enhancement system.

...except that what was described could be readily figured out by
anybody with an IQ in excess of 80 just by reading the assessment form.
And the form itself is only 3 pages long, so God knows why it took an
hour to explain it...

Post a reply to this message

> Because this company truely *believes* that this meeting was actually
> really, really important. The Director of HR herself has flown over to the
> UK especially to talk to us about this critical new employee performance
> enhancement system.
>
> ...except that what was described could be readily figured out by anybody
> with an IQ in excess of 80 just by reading the assessment form. And the
> form itself is only 3 pages long, so God knows why it took an hour to
> explain it...

I think it's obvious why it took an hour... the HR Director needs to keep
her job, and not let anyone get the idea that it's very possible that a
semi-trained chimpanzee could do it in her place. After all, the task must
have been complex and requiring specialized talent if she has to fly over
personally and spend an hour going over the thing in what I can only imagine
was *excruciating* detail. :-)

--
Jack

Post a reply to this message

> I think it's obvious why it took an hour... the HR Director needs to keep
> her job, and not let anyone get the idea that it's very possible that a
> semi-trained chimpanzee could do it in her place. After all, the task must
> have been complex and requiring specialized talent if she has to fly over
> personally and spend an hour going over the thing in what I can only imagine
> was *excruciating* detail. :-)

Yes... excruciating... that's a good adjective. >_<