POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meetings : Re: Meetings Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meetings
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Nov 2009 11:02:01
Message: <4b06bd79$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Why are you going then?  I just don't go to meetings like that, and
>>> ask someone who is more involved in it to tell me any important
>>> points that I should be interested in.
>>
>> Because I would probably be subject to a disciplinary hearing if I
>> didn't turn up. (Unless I had a damned good reason...)
>
> Well sorry, but to me not going to a meeting because there is no point
> in me going *is* a damn good reason.  Why would the company want me to
> waste my time going somewhere that wasn't going to benefit me or the
> company when I could be doing other stuff?

Because this company truely *believes* that this meeting was actually
really, really important. The Director of HR herself has flown over to
the UK especially to talk to us about this critical new employee
performance enhancement system.

...except that what was described could be readily figured out by
anybody with an IQ in excess of 80 just by reading the assessment form.
And the form itself is only 3 pages long, so God knows why it took an
hour to explain it...