POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Meetings : Re: Meetings Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meetings
From: Captain Jack
Date: 20 Nov 2009 11:09:24
Message: <4b06bf34$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b06bd79$1@news.povray.org...
> Because this company truely *believes* that this meeting was actually
> really, really important. The Director of HR herself has flown over to the
> UK especially to talk to us about this critical new employee performance
> enhancement system.
>
> ...except that what was described could be readily figured out by anybody
> with an IQ in excess of 80 just by reading the assessment form. And the
> form itself is only 3 pages long, so God knows why it took an hour to
> explain it...

I think it's obvious why it took an hour... the HR Director needs to keep
her job, and not let anyone get the idea that it's very possible that a
semi-trained chimpanzee could do it in her place. After all, the task must
have been complex and requiring specialized talent if she has to fly over
personally and spend an hour going over the thing in what I can only imagine
was *excruciating* detail. :-)

--
Jack