POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 111 to 120 of 244)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 21 Nov 2009 18:32:08
Message: <4b087878$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:24:58 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Actually, I've been thinking about this one. Maybe I'm setting my sights
> too high. Maybe I just need to accept that nobody is ever going to pay
> me to write computer programs, and start looking for boring sysadmin
> jobs instead... Those surely have drastically greater availability, and
> at least I can claim to have real, relevant commercial experience.

You maybe just need to broaden your search a bit.  Like looking outside
of Milton Keynes for a start.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 23 Nov 2009 04:40:32
Message: <4b0a5890$1@news.povray.org>
>> Actually, I've been thinking about this one. Maybe I'm setting my sights
>> too high. Maybe I just need to accept that nobody is ever going to pay
>> me to write computer programs, and start looking for boring sysadmin
>> jobs instead... Those surely have drastically greater availability, and
>> at least I can claim to have real, relevant commercial experience.
>
> You maybe just need to broaden your search a bit.  Like looking outside
> of Milton Keynes for a start.

For the twenty-eight time, I have *already* tried looking outside of
just MK. There are several other potential places within range (notably
Oxford). I'm just not finding much worth applying for in terms of
programming. Hence my suggestion that perhaps I need to look for a
different career.

Post a reply to this message