POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Modern Linux desktops suck (Message 91 to 100 of 127)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
Date: 19 Nov 2009 07:54:12
Message: <4b053ff4@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

> Ooo, I *love* this! Loads of Windows programs have a big help button,
> but when you click it you get absolutely nothing of use.

Yes - and it seems to me it's getting more and more common.

> Sometimes you get an error message. (Oh THAT helps me!)

Another variant that gets me into ranting mode is to require internet
access to get help, without an option to install the smash locally.
Which especially sucks if it's a collection of some hundreds of HTML
pages (did I mention that I prefer help formats where you can easily do
a full-text search?)

Post a reply to this message