POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck : Re: Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 19 Nov 2009 15:04:04
Message: <4b05a4b4$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez schrieb:
>
>> Get Kate. It uses the same underlying file editing component as KWrite,
>> but supports a lot more features, like opening multiple documents at
>> once.
>
> What - KWrite doesn't? Didn't notice yet, but in that case... yes, I
> probably want Kate...

KWrite supports multiple documents. By opening multiple windows. Maybe in
the same process, unlike Notepad, but visually it's the same.

>> And an embedded terminal (useful for typing the ./povray command ;) ).
>
> Heh, I just noticed the integrated terminal in the Dolphin file manager.
> Which cd's automatically. Now /that/ is a smart idea! :-)

Heck, even Konversation (chat client) has an integrated terminal. All thanks
to the component architecture of KDE. KWrite is a simple app integrating
KatePart and Konsole is a simple-ish app integrating KonsolePart. Kate uses
both KParts. And a lot more code, of course.