POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Modern Linux desktops suck (Message 81 to 90 of 127)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
Date: 18 Nov 2009 19:33:49
Message: <4b04926d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>> What I find
>> irritating is the functionality it has when routed to the desktop. First
>> because the functionality is pretty much different
>
>   Not really all that different. You scroll the desktop.

No, you don't scroll it - you "page" it.

>> and secondly because
>> it may also affect what actually /is/ under the mouse cursor, as the
>> next turn of the wheel will bring up a different desktop with different
>> windows at different places. So that if for instance I scroll one
>> desktop too far, I may not be able to instantly scroll back, and may
>> have to find some empty desktop space first.
>
>   Clicking on the same spot on screen doesn't always result in the same
> effect either. It depends on what is there.

Okay, you don't want to get my point. Fine. Just tell me where I can get
rid of that behavior.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Nov 2009 19:48:52
Message: <4b0495f4$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 01:29:14 +0100, clipka wrote:

>> KDE4 desktop doesn't support icons anymore. The feature was removed.
>
> Not really. It just seems to be non-default...

True, it wasn't removed, you have to go into the desktop settings and
change the type back to "Folder View" and that restores the "classic"
style.

Jim

Post a reply to this message