POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck : Re: Modern Linux desktops suck Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modern Linux desktops suck
From: clipka
Date: 19 Nov 2009 04:52:45
Message: <4b05156d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:
> clipka wrote:
>
>> Heck, how many config options do they have?!? This is frightening :-)
>
> But the critical question is... Can you configure them all from the GUI?
> Or do you have to edit some 25-mile text file?

Well, so far I have looked /only/ at those that can be configured from
the GUI... who knows what more may be available "below the surface".

> Oh, and are any of these things sufficiently *documented*?

Differs. Most settings dialogs come with a "help" button that works and
tooltips that do help - a few don't, which is somewhat annoying,
especially when there is a help button, but all you get from it is an
error message.