POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Swell. (Message 1 to 10 of 312)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Swell.
Date: 8 Nov 2009 21:09:35
Message: <4af779df@news.povray.org>
My half-full terabyte external hard drive seems to have died.  I opened
the case and there doesn't seem to be anything visibly wrong with the
drive, and it was working just fine earlier today (even ran a checkdisk
to be sure)...it just doesn't spin up when powered on.  Hopefully it's
just the enclosure.  Have ordered a new one, which will arrive in two or
so days.

Will be *most* put out if the drive itself is dead, though losing a
little over a year's worth of data and effort at organising things isn't
as bad as eight years'.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

> Will be *most* put out if the drive itself is dead,

Eventually you'll learn to buy two. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)