POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Swell. (Message 91 to 100 of 312)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Swell.
Date: 10 Nov 2009 05:19:01
Message: <4af93e15@news.povray.org>
>> Well said - guess there isn't a convenient modality for backing up
>> 500GB of
>> data?
>
> Yes, there is.  Buy two.  :-)  I don't know about elsewhere in the
> world, but 2 1-TB drives would run you <$400 here.

Let me go check the exchange rate...

...yep, that's about £240, *way* more money than I can afford to spend.

(Then again, I don't have anywhere approaching 1TB of data to store.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Nov 2009 05:21:31
Message: <4af93eab$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...yeah, shopping online tends to be cheaper. Quality is another matter,
>> of course.
>
> Buy from reputable dealers, and quality isn't an issue.

I don't mean to imply that quality is *necessarily* an issue, just that
it *can* be more of an issue. As you say, it depends who you buy from.

I often buy from Maplin because 1) I don't have to wait for it to be
delivered, 2) their staff actually have a frickin clue, and 3) they
don't argue about returns.

Then again, ebuyer.com are usually very good, so...

Post a reply to this message