POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Swell. (Message 151 to 160 of 312)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Swell.
Date: 10 Nov 2009 11:53:03
Message: <4af99a6f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Wait - your garage door can open by itself?
>>>
>>> Man, if we want to open ours, we have to use *muscle power*. ;-)
>>
>> Hey, that's the U.S. of A. - they don't use muscle power for
>> /anything/, unless they happen to be football pros...
>
> I thought baseball was the national game of America?

Baseball doesn't take muscle power. Except maybe the pitcher.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Nov 2009 11:53:35
Message: <4af99a8f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Interesting thing: According to Wikipedia [which is never wrong], a
>> nuclear explosion only generates an EMP because of the Earth's
>> magnetic field. Like, if it was in space, it wouldn't do that...
>
> I think I heard it was the atmosphere, not the magnetic field...

Seems the gamma rays generate a current in the atmosphere [which
wouldn't happen if there was no atmosphere], and the magnetic field
channels this to the ground [in certain parts of the globe which happen
to include the USA].

Post a reply to this message