POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random name statistics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Random name statistics (Message 21 to 30 of 41)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Random name statistics
Date: 30 Oct 2009 10:39:59
Message: <4aeafabf@news.povray.org>
>> No, but there's probably some general law that allows the authorities to
>> take away the children if their parents are not considered to be capable
>> of
>> bringing up the child in a suitable manner.  Or some grey wooly wording
>> like
>> that :-)
>
>  Which then means that what is and isn't illegal depends on what happens
> to be politically correct that month.

Exactly.  There are lots of laws like that, for example in the UK there is
"careless and inconsiderate driving" and "dangerous driving".  Obviously
they are open to massive interpretation, some people get a fine for eating
an apple in their car, whilst others can go 20 mph over the speed limit in
bad conditions and not be stopped.  Life's unfair like that.

Post a reply to this message