POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random name statistics : Re: Random name statistics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random name statistics
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Oct 2009 15:57:55
Message: <4aeb4543@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:55:03 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> There's rather well-known Delilah in the Bible......
>
> Sure. But she's not a real person. ;-)

That's debatable.....mythologies tend to have a basis in reality.

>> So I could make a converse claim - that nobody in history has ever been
>> named Gemma. ;-)
>
> Heh, well, maybe it's only popular in the UK.

I know nobody in the UK with the name either, I think the one I've e-
mailed is in one of the northern European countries, maybe the
Netherlands, but probably more likely in Germany now I think about it.

> On the other hand, most people have names like "Sarah" which
> (apparently) means "princess". Naming your daughter Delilah is... hell,
> why not go the whole hog and name her "Satan" or something? :-P

I'm sure you'd find some people who are named Satan out there. :-)

Jim