POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Largest POV image? Server Time
8 Oct 2024 19:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Largest POV image? (Message 37 to 46 of 56)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Largest POV image?
Date: 22 Oct 2009 16:32:36
Message: <4ae0c164$1@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>   Actually, thinking about it, you confused me.
>
>   POV-Ray doesn't need to keep the entire image in memory in order to render
> it (after all, POV-Ray was developed on systems with limited amount of memory,
> yet was able to render images larger than any conceivable RAM size back then).

I'm too much involved in 3.7 development to have 3.6 anywhere on the
radar ;-)

At present, the architecture of POV-Ray 3.7 does not allow for writing
image output before rendering has actually finished, so the whole smash
must be buffered.

>   (Of course you won't be able to *save* that image anywhere because you
> would encounter limitations in the file system. But that doesn't stop
> POV-Ray from *rendering* the image.)

You'd probably have to disable preview as well :-)

Post a reply to this message