POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Largest POV image? : Re: Largest POV image? Server Time
8 Oct 2024 21:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Largest POV image?
From: clipka
Date: 22 Oct 2009 21:06:26
Message: <4ae10192@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:

>   I'm sure once could artificially construct a scene which renders fast
> at one resolution but extremely slow if you make the resolution even
> slightly larger (by having some extremely-slow-to-render detail be so
> small that no ray hits it at the lower resolution).

On average, that will not change a thing. So you'd have to make the
detail not only particularly small, but also place it strategically.

But a scene coded so that the detail level is driven by the image_height
and image_width variables would do - which would even make sense in some
cases, especially for fractal geometry.