POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A fatal mistake Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  A fatal mistake (Message 1 to 10 of 45)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: A fatal mistake
Date: 2 Oct 2009 18:21:01
Message: <4ac67ccd$1@news.povray.org>
Do NOT install Google Sketchup at 10:30 PM. This will not end well...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A fatal mistake
Date: 3 Oct 2009 06:54:59
Message: <4ac72d83$1@news.povray.org>
Haha... Hmm, Sketckup is a lot of fun, but as soon as you try to do
something complicated, it becomes maddeningly annoying to use. (Most
especially camera placement. Try zooming around inside a large building.
Good luck figuring out where the **** the camera is and what it's
actually looking at!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:55:00 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Haha... Hmm, Sketckup is a lot of fun, but as soon as you try to do
>something complicated, it becomes maddeningly annoying to use. (Most
>especially camera placement. Try zooming around inside a large building.
>Good luck figuring out where the **** the camera is and what it's
>actually looking at!)

There is a guy at the tc-rtc called chandan who is using Sketckup. See:

http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/member/imagenewdisplay/index242.html
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Welcome to my church. It's not quite finished yet...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'aa19-crop.png' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'aa19-crop.png'
aa19-crop.png

> Welcome to my church. It's not quite finished yet...

Suffice it to say, it's frickin' HUGE!

Also: Moving objects around is almost intractably hard. Seriously.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Attachments:
Download 'ab10.png' (55 KB)

Preview of image 'ab10.png'
ab10.png

> > Welcome to my church. It's not quite finished yet...
>
> Suffice it to say, it's frickin' HUGE!

It's certainly higher than most goth cathedrals... :)

> Also: Moving objects around is almost intractably hard. Seriously.

welcome to 3D visual modelling! :D

There must be something similar to Blender, where you may organize objects by
layer (and select visible ones) and also may focus on editing certain parts of
an object while others are hidden.  Makes quite a difference.

Post a reply to this message

*That* is what I want Minority Report gloves for! :-)

Move over and use the Spex.

On Sat,  3 Oct 2009 16:50:34 EDT, "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>There must be something similar to Blender, where you may organize objects by
>layer (and select visible ones) and also may focus on editing certain parts of
>an object while others are hidden.  Makes quite a difference.

Both Moray and Bishop3D have layers whose properties can be visible in the GUI
and/or Renderer (Pov). And you can adjust the OpenGL clipping.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message