POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Today's crazy thing (Message 41 to 50 of 69)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Today's crazy thing
Date: 4 Oct 2009 14:49:35
Message: <4ac8ee3f@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> For this argument to make sense one would also need to give at least
> some believable arguments that armed civilians would have *prevented*
> Russia 1917, Germany 1933, and China 1949, to name a few.

You just have to show it happened sometimes, not every time.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Chambers
Date: 4 Oct 2009 15:07:07
Message: <4ac8f25b$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> For this argument to make sense one would also need to give at least
>> some believable arguments that armed civilians would have *prevented*
>> Russia 1917, Germany 1933, and China 1949, to name a few.
>
> You just have to show it happened sometimes, not every time.

That's like saying that to ban apples, we need to show that someone
somewhere died from eating too many apples.

That it happens once, a few times, or several times is of no
significance.  Instead, we need to look at a proportion out of all
countries.

How many countries during the same time frame have had their governments
replaced by less controlling regimes?

How many countries during the same time frame haven't even had a change
of government?

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message