POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Oct 2009 23:13:45
Message: <4ac96469$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>> I wasn't really talking about the politicians, but about the gun
>>> owners that you don't hear about.
>>>
>> And, if you don't hear about them, they exist how? Is this sort of
>> like the ID argument, "I don't see anything, so dog must be doing it."
>> lol
>
> I was saying that the gun owners aren't all loud crazy people. Only the
> gun owners you hear about on the news are loud crazy people.  What makes
> you think quiet sane people don't own most of the guns?

Not what I am saying. The sane people already had them. You don't get a
lot of clear thinking people buying up guns, when people start making
them all scared. Its people "prone" to fall for such paranoia that do.
My own family owns some themselves. Most haven't been out of lockup
since the last time one of us went hunting some place. The guy down the
street, that just bought one to hide under his pillow... is not thinking
rationally. And if he bought it because he "needed" to have it close,
because running to the one under the couch cushions might not let them
fight off the imaginary bad guys, well... lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {