POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reminds me of mascot Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:55 EDT (-0400)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Reminds me of mascot
Date: 28 Sep 2009 09:15:55

From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Reminds me of mascot
Date: 28 Sep 2009 09:45:47

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Sep 2009 09:56:48
Message: <4ac0c0a0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
>  http://xkcd.com/642/

True.

Sadly, the real world does not work this way.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Sep 2009 11:36:06
Message: <4ac0d7e6$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:56:53 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Mike Raiford wrote:
>>  http://xkcd.com/642/
>
> True.
>
> Sadly, the real world does not work this way.

When did you become a mind reader? ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Sep 2009 11:40:02
Message: <4ac0d8d2@news.povray.org>
>> Sadly, the real world does not work this way.
>
> When did you become a mind reader? ;-)

Oh please.

It's all to easy to believe that "oh if only I could just be brave
enough to do X, everything would instantly be perfect then". Life isn't
like that. Girls don't sit there and think "oh wow, that ugly nerd guy
in the corner ignoring everybody is SO CUTE. If only he'd come over here
and ask me to marry him." They think "that ugly nerd guy in the corner
ignoring everybody is some kind of jerk".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:40:07 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> They think "that ugly nerd guy in the corner ignoring everybody is some
> kind of jerk".

I re-ask the question:  When did you become a mind reader?  ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> It's all to easy to believe that "oh if only I could just be brave
> enough to do X, everything would instantly be perfect then". Life isn't
> like that. Girls don't sit there and think "oh wow, that ugly nerd guy
> in the corner ignoring everybody is SO CUTE. If only he'd come over here
> and ask me to marry him." They think "that ugly nerd guy in the corner
> ignoring everybody is some kind of jerk".

  How it works in real life is that you go to the gal and compliment her
for whatever, or depending on the environment, invite her to a drink or
something. If se obviously thinks you are a creep, then you forget about
it and try it another day with someone else. At some point you will find
one who will not consider you a creep but charming.

  Of course it helps if you can keep up interesting smalltalk, but without
trying to sound too smart.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   How it works in real life is that you go to the gal and compliment her
> for whatever, or depending on the environment, invite her to a drink or
> something. If se obviously thinks you are a creep, then you forget about
> it and try it another day with someone else. At some point you will find
> one who will not consider you a creep but charming.
>
>   Of course it helps if you can keep up interesting smalltalk, but without
> trying to sound too smart.

Indeed. THAT might work.

Sitting next to somebody on the train hoping that she's suddenly going
to climb into your pants does NOT work.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/