POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For a price Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  For a price (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: For a price
Date: 17 Aug 2009 16:21:23
Message: <4a89bbc3$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/buy/Hammond/PK25PXK_25_Note_Midi_Pedalboard

...uh, yeah, maybe I won't bother. O_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: For a price
Date: 17 Aug 2009 17:16:48
Message: <4a89c8c0$1@news.povray.org>
They say necessity is the mother of all invention. Well I've just
invented something truly absurd. I've found a way to play bass notes
even though I don't have a peddle board. The concept is quite simple:
play the note with my finger, and then hold it down with my foot, while
I play the rest of the music. The result has to be seen to be believed.

I should probably get out more...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> They say necessity is the mother of all invention. Well I've just invented
> something truly absurd. I've found a way to play bass notes even though I
> don't have a peddle board. The concept is quite simple: play the note with
> my finger, and then hold it down with my foot, while I play the rest of
> the music. The result has to be seen to be believed.

LOL  !
My father who plays organ at the church and has only an old piano to
practice home built a pedalbord which just pulls the lower octaves keys from
under with nylon strings.

Another way :  http://www.orchetect.com/resources/midi-organ-pedals.php

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> They say necessity is the mother of all invention. Well I've just
> invented something truly absurd. I've found a way to play bass notes
> even though I don't have a peddle board. The concept is quite simple:
> play the note with my finger, and then hold it down with my foot, while
> I play the rest of the music. The result has to be seen to be believed.
>
> I should probably get out more...

How hard would it be to get a couple of pressure sensors, and wire them
up to a MIDI plug so you could have your own?

Then you could go to the pub and tell some random girl, "Hey, baby, you
ever dated a guy who wired his own base?" :)

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

> How hard would it be to get a couple of pressure sensors, and wire them up
> to a MIDI plug so you could have your own?

That's what I thought the moment I saw it.  Or maybe simpler to buy a
standard cheap MIDI keyboard to get all the electronics and rig up some nice
wooden pedals to it.

Post a reply to this message