POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For a price : Re: For a price Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For a price
From: scott
Date: 18 Aug 2009 05:08:32
Message: <4a8a6f90@news.povray.org>
> I guess that's a possibility, assuming I can find one that isn't
> touch-sensitive.

Oh ok I didn't realise the pedals didn't need to be touch sensitive, even
simpler then!

> Assuming you find one that isn't touch-sensitive, so pressing a key just
> closes a circuit, it should be possible to rig something up.

Alternatively use another input method to a PC (you can get multiple digital
input to USB boards) and then generate the MIDI signals in software.

> The next problem is going to be how to make it sturdy enough to not fall
> apart. ;-)

The pedals are not going to be taking massive forces so you don't need to
worry about using bearings or anything fancy like that.  I would just put a
hole through the pedal at the back and let it rotate on a bolt that is
secured to some base-plate.  That way you can place each pedal at a
different angle.  To provide the resistance just glue on a lump of stiff
rubber underneath each pedal and mount a micro-switch to trigger at the
correct position.  Shouldn't take too much work.