POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do you think? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  What do you think? (Message 1 to 10 of 87)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: What do you think?
Date: 13 Aug 2009 12:37:21
Message: <4a844141$1@news.povray.org>
I'm of the opinion that attempts to "convert" someone to your religion
does not fall under protected speech, and further, it infringes on
others rights of freedom of religion.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-aaron1-wed-candy-cane-trial-story,0,3441616.story
http://www.ccnews.org/index.php?mod=Story&action=show&id=1580&countryid=0&stateid=0

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: What do you think?
Date: 13 Aug 2009 12:42:02
Message: <4a84425a$1@news.povray.org>

Not to mention this: http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/candycane.asp

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Aug 2009 12:45:51
Message: <4a84433f$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:33:32 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> I'm of the opinion that attempts to "convert" someone to your religion
> does not fall under protected speech, and further, it infringes on
> others rights of freedom of religion.

My opinion is that just because someone has the freedom to speak, that
doesn't negate my freedom to not listen.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:45:51 -0400, Jim Henderson wrote:

> My opinion is that just because someone has the freedom to speak, that
> doesn't negate my freedom to not listen.

That is to say that the freedom to speak does not necessarily include a
requirement that you be heard.

Post a reply to this message