POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do you think? : Re: What do you think? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think?
From: somebody
Date: 13 Aug 2009 12:56:15
Message: <4a8445af$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4a844141$1@news.povray.org...

> I'm of the opinion that attempts to "convert" someone to your religion
> does not fall under protected speech, and further, it infringes on others
> rights of freedom of religion.

I disagree. Religion does not need or warrant special, protected status
during interactions of private citizens. If someone wishes to give out fere
hair dye, or preach on the virtues of going bald, fine. If someone wishes to
give out free Bibles or preach Buddhism, just as fine with me. IMO, the
sooner we accept that religion is neither dirty nor sacred, the better of we
will be. By keeping it as taboo, discourse about religion is stiffled and
close mindedness is encouraged.