POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
9 Oct 2024 15:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Conspiracy Question (Message 101 to 110 of 186)
From: David H  Burns
Subject: Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
Date: 3 Aug 2009 15:13:14
Message: <4a7736ca$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Brain damage:
>   The man who mistook his wife for a hat

Very interesting book. All of the author's (Oliver Sacks) books, that I
have read,
  are well worth reading.

David

Post a reply to this message

From: David H  Burns
Date: 3 Aug 2009 15:56:16
Message: <4a7740e0@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Did you look at the maps I posted, and the links to definitions?

Did you read the accompanying text on Wiki? The term "Bible Belt" is a
derisive term
coined by H. L. Mencken, a Baltimore journalist, who had a special
hatred for the
"south" and Baptists (exceeding his hatred for everything else).  But I
don't want to do
Mencken injustice. He was a brilliant and witty writer and fun to read
even now. Try him if you
haven't. :)

David

Post a reply to this message