POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: David H  Burns
Date: 3 Aug 2009 15:56:16
Message: <4a7740e0@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Did you look at the maps I posted, and the links to definitions?

Did you read the accompanying text on Wiki? The term "Bible Belt" is a
derisive term
coined by H. L. Mencken, a Baltimore journalist, who had a special
hatred for the
"south" and Baptists (exceeding his hatred for everything else).  But I
don't want to do
Mencken injustice. He was a brilliant and witty writer and fun to read
even now. Try him if you
haven't. :)

David