POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of conspiracy theories (Message 54 to 63 of 133)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
Date: 2 Aug 2009 09:06:44
Message: <4A758F67.4070103@hotmail.com>
On 31-7-2009 23:30, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> I like how someone points out that McCain was born in
> Panama.
[]
> If anything, McCain could be considered a better case, since we *do*
> know he wasn't "physically" even on the same continent, at the time.

On which continent was he then?

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 2 Aug 2009 09:12:34
Message: <4A7590C5.5060402@hotmail.com>
On 1-8-2009 5:31, Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Been, there, been told that, trying to stop doing it, but also tired
>> of people whining about misused quotes, instead of the content of the
>> post.
>
> You should understand that it really distracts from your point. It
> actually makes it difficult to understand, like if you consistently used
> the wrong tense for verbs or used "he" when you meant "she".
>
> (I know when my wife gets talking fast and forgets that "he" and "she"
> are different words in English, it becomes really hard to follow who
> she's talking about.)

My wife has the strange habit of verbatim quoting entire conversations
(i.e. without using 'and then he said' or similar to indicate she is
still quoting) between her and somebody else. After ten minutes I get
confused if 'you' refers to me or to that other person.

Post a reply to this message