POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Chambers
Date: 2 Aug 2009 12:48:03
Message: <4a75c343@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 2-8-2009 8:23, John VanSickle wrote:
>> I do, however, see a boatload of Monday-morning quarterbacking.
>
> What on earth is that? Could you explain for us geographically
> challenged people?

Claiming, with hindsight, that you know what he should have done better
than he did at the time.

American Football games are often played on Sunday night.  The tendency
is for fans to talk Monday morning about what mistakes the quarterback
made during the game, claiming that they know better (having watched the
whole game).  The fact that the fans are not under the same pressure as
the Quarterback, and have access to different information (views from TV
cameras, rather than being on the field) doesn't seem to matter to these
people.  They just think that the QBs are idiots, and they are better.

The implication here is that, whatever mistakes Bush may have made
during office, those complaining about him aren't likely to have done
any better were they in his situation.

(I have to disagree, though, as I think he was a deluded warmonger, and
lots of people could have done better.  Not Gore, but I'd probably even
vote for Hillary over Bush if there were another election.)

--
Chambers