POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Aug 2009 10:53:06
Message: <es9b75lteulaqjmkifgb8tn54e5i41sk07@4ax.com>
On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:58:21 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Over the last few years the daily show seems to have gotten a reputation
>of being the only unbiased source of information during elections. All
>other general broadcast companies are either too tightly bound to one
>political party or too busy avoiding law suits and/or loss of audience
>to have an political opinion.

I've only been watching for a few weeks. I can detect a little bias, I think,
but as it is similar to my own political views I heartily approve. :)

>One of the reasons for the sharp divide in
>the US is that most people only watch a certain number of channels.
>Which shape their political points of view which in turn makes watching
>a channel with a different opinion impossible.

I thought it was more because there was a fear of being thought Un-American.
Although I think that most people tend to stick with what they are comfortable
with.

>In a way some channels are using politics to bind the audience.

Do tell ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen