POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 1 to 10 of 473)
From: David H  Burns
Subject: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 21 Jul 2009 10:10:27
Message: <4a65cc53$1@news.povray.org>
Someone told me that the next version of Pov-Ray would be OOP. Horrors!
Another
  useful and fun thing lost to EEP. Another triumph of the EPP! (It
seems to me that
the Pov-Ray scripting language already makes more intelligent use of
"objects" than OOP.) Will we
next see Microsoft Visual Pov-Ray.Net along with Microsoft Pov-Ray
Development Systems?

Alas, Alas, Tell me it isn't so.

David

Post a reply to this message

> Someone told me that the next version of Pov-Ray would be OOP. Horrors!
> Another
>  useful and fun thing lost to EEP. Another triumph of the EPP! (It seems
> to me that
> the Pov-Ray scripting language already makes more intelligent use of
> "objects" than OOP.) Will we
> next see Microsoft Visual Pov-Ray.Net along with Microsoft Pov-Ray
> Development Systems?
>
> Alas, Alas, Tell me it isn't so.

1. It isn't so.

2. What would be so bad about this being true?

3. What the hell is EEP?

Post a reply to this message

> 2. What would be so bad about this being true?

POV-Ray.NET, I dunno. It has a nice ring to it.

The next POVRay will be multi-threaded, but use the same SDL we know and
love.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message