POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 13:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 91 to 100 of 473)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 22 Jul 2009 14:37:19
Message: <4A675C5E.3040302@hotmail.com>
On 22-7-2009 1:26, David H. Burns wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> That you see your smiley does not mean everybody else will.
>
> Thanks. Did you see it? I did when I read my own post. I don't think it
> shows up in the text in
> my "sent" file. These matters get complicated.
> :) (smiley ?)

I do. In your post, not when replying :) , neither yours nor mine.
The point I tried to make earlier is that it depends on the mail reader
of the person *reading*. You don't have an influence on it. You type a
colon followed by a bracket, that is what you sent and what is supported
by NNTP. After that somebody is trying to cleverly replace them by
rotated smileys, which is OK as long as they get it right :/
IIRC they have problems with exotic ones like \o/ perhaps because they
can conceivably be in a real post or in /ASCII art/.

In short, there is a big chance that what you will see is not what I
wrote. Perhaps it is what I intended.

Post a reply to this message