POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: clipka
Date: 22 Jul 2009 16:10:00
Message: <web.4a677157ac52dfd469042aac0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> The question is... are any POV-Ray "programs" large enough to benefit
> from the extra structuring? I believe the answer is yes, but it's
> somewhat debatable.

I'm quite sure they are - provided we count in a nice set of standard data
containers (variable-size arrays, stacks, queues, lookup lists aka associative
arrays, and maybe some more geometry-oriented like BSP trees, octrees or the
like), and don't want to code them all "hard" into the language or want to stay
flexible for users adding their own (graphs as you might need for physics
simulations, just to give one example of where one could go).