POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 41 to 50 of 473)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 22 Jul 2009 04:55:09
Message: <4a66d3ed@news.povray.org>
clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 8bit, charset: iso-8859-1, 19 lines --]

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > > >
> > > Yes, (though I have no idea what  "ascetic imperative approaches" means)
> > > such things have
> > >   happened more than once!
> >
> >   Yeah, sure. I'm now convinced that OOP became so widespread regardless
> > of being significantly harder than imperative programming.

> Hm - just as a side note here: I thouht *you* were trying to convince *David*?
> Just pointing out that his objection against your point makes a poor argument
> in favor of his point... that's a rather weak point in itself.

  It was just sarcasm. Whether the sarcasm is a strong or weak argument is
irrelevant at this point.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 22 Jul 2009 04:55:26
Message: <4a66d3fe$1@news.povray.org>
> As I
> seem to be the lone objector to the Pov-Ray SDL going OOP,

I very much doubt that - but it will help your cause if you a) write about
it in the correct place (ie not this group) and b) explain yourself a bit
more rather than just "OOP makes things more complex" - because for most of
us here that is just the opposite of our experiences.

Do you have any alternative ideas for what the POV4 SDL should be like?
People will certainly discuss them with you in the pov4 group.

Post a reply to this message