POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 174 to 183 of 473)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 24 Jul 2009 09:23:13
Message: <4a69b5c1@news.povray.org>
On 07/24/09 03:43, Invisible wrote:
> Now you guys know how *I* feel when I try to tell people that functional
> programming is a good idea. ;-) Nobody ever seems to believe me...

	I, for one, propose that the SDL in POV-Ray 5.0 should be functional.

--
AD&D Famous last words: Me first.  Me first!

Post a reply to this message

From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 24 Jul 2009 09:24:33
Message: <4a69b611$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/24/09 07:38, David H. Burns wrote:
>> Now you guys know how *I* feel when I try to tell people that
>> functional programming is a good idea. ;-) Nobody ever seems to
>> believe me...
>
> You encourage me. But we seem to be out of fad. ;-) :) (An attachment

	Hardly, What you like is procedural. Functional programming is a whole
other beast altogether, where you normally don't do explicit loops but
use constructs like map, filter, etc. Lots of lambdas thrown in as well.