POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Packet encapsulation Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Packet encapsulation (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Invisible
Subject: Packet encapsulation
Date: 14 Jul 2009 06:08:38
Message: <4a5c5926$1@news.povray.org>
11 years of schooling.

6 years of higher education.

3 GCSEs, a diploma and an honours degree.

...and it still took me an entire hour to figure out how to fold a sheet
of cardboard into the shape of a box! >_<

FAIL.

Post a reply to this message

> 3 GCSEs, a diploma and an honours degree.
>
> ...and it still took me an entire hour to figure out how to fold a sheet
> of cardboard into the shape of a box! >_<
>
> FAIL.

Compared to how long it took for humanity to do that, that's nothing. Then
again, if you had a sample box in front of you, or if you had access to the
internet and failed to make use of it, I agree with your sentiment.

Post a reply to this message

> Compared to how long it took for humanity to do that, that's nothing. Then
> again, if you had a sample box in front of you, or if you had access to
> the
> internet and failed to make use of it, I agree with your sentiment.

Or if you could just remember a previous cardboard box you had put together
or taken part...

Post a reply to this message

>> Compared to how long it took for humanity to do that, that's nothing.
>> Then
>> again, if you had a sample box in front of you, or if you had access
>> to the
>> internet and failed to make use of it, I agree with your sentiment.
>
> Or if you could just remember a previous cardboard box you had put
> together or taken part...

This one was slightly unusual in that it locks together without glue.
The sides fold twice over themselves, allowing a tab to slot into a
small groove. Most boxes you find are glued together, and have no double
thickness walls.

But even so, you'd think I could work that out in less than an hour, no?

Post a reply to this message

> This one was slightly unusual in that it locks together without glue. The
> sides fold twice over themselves, allowing a tab to slot into a small
> groove. Most boxes you find are glued together, and have no double
> thickness walls.

Oh I see, I thought you meant you had a plane sheet of cardboard and you
were making a box out of it.

> But even so, you'd think I could work that out in less than an hour, no?

All the ones I've seen like you mention have pictures on the side to tell
you how to assemble them.

Post a reply to this message