POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An example of confirmation bias? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  An example of confirmation bias? (Message 80 to 89 of 279)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: An example of confirmation bias?
Date: 5 Jul 2009 20:18:16
Message: <4a5142c8$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Marriage has a number of things associated with it that don't make it
>> ideal for this purpose.  For one thing, the religious ideas that
>> accompany the word, which in effect limit who you can designate.
>
> You're assuming to start with that marriage has something to do with
> religion, then saying "we shouldn't have marriage because it has
> something to do with religion."  You are, in short, begging the question.

I'm not saying "we shouldn't have marriage," I'm saying that Civil
government should not get involved with it.  As a consequence, legal
matters such as inheritances should not be based on marriage, either.

> When someone gets hurt in an accident, who should the doctor allow to
> visit?

I'm sorry, is that a legal matter or an administrative matter?  I don't
think we need laws saying who can and can't visit people in the hospital.

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message