POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  The future will be ok! (Message 40 to 49 of 49)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: The future will be ok!
Date: 2 Jul 2009 03:30:10
Message: <4a4c6202$1@news.povray.org>
> Because, if we wait, like we always do with this stuff, its going to
> bankrupt people and destroy entire industries to fix it."?

You never really responded to my reasoning...

A "warmer sun" creates more dampness from the oceans,
dampness that would result in rain in arid regions.
We currently are in one of the longest solar minimums
since the Maunder minimum.* So of course it's dry.
It's just not something humanity caused.

It's also a bunch of political BS that there is
any global warming going on. If anything it's
cooling more than usual.**

While increased CO2 is something to pay
attention to, after all we need air to breath,
the current CO2 levels are still low on a
geologic timeframe, and simply planting
more trees and irrigating more would have
dramatic impacts in livability in much of the
world. *** If we aren't going to do the things
that have big impacts, then why bankrupt
America for things that are picayune?

* http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

** http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10783

***