POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future will be ok! : Re: The future will be ok! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future will be ok!
From: John VanSickle
Date: 3 Jul 2009 08:35:44
Message: <4a4dfb20$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> Also my personal feeling is that almost any change in any direction is
> bad, at least in the short run (upto my grandchildren's grandchildren at
> least).

This is mostly because any change will affect some people negatively.

However, any geologists can confirm that over its history, the
temperatures of the earth have varied far beyond the levels that AGW
proponents are warning.  The history of the earth is dotted not only
with periods that are significantly warmer or colder than the planet is
now, but also rapid shifts in temperatures as well.

This was not good for all of the animals; but others survived and
flourished.

I'm not worried.  The existence of reality TV notwithstanding, the human
race is smart enough to cope.

Regards,
John