POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP MJ Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  RIP MJ (Message 11 to 20 of 75)
From: somebody
Subject: Re: RIP MJ
Date: 27 Jun 2009 21:59:28
Message: <4a46ce80@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > nemesis wrote:
> > > well, someone had to do it.
> >
> > And let us all learn from it:  Don't be a s**t to your kids (MJ's dad
> > reportedly was)
>
> were Beethoven's or Mozart's fathers any better?  Too late to ask and
doesn't
> matter anyway...
>
> I believe well-adjusted individuals express themselves solely by raising a
> family rather than by seeking artistic expression.  Those who do otherwise
are
> never as successful as the tortured souls in bringing up unknown emotions
> the public.

You are correct to the extent that it's exceedingly difficult to rise above
all the competition in any given field and still manage to find time and
effort to lead a well rounded life and be happy. Usually something has to
give. But true genius are those that can manage that, and there are many
artists or scientists who do, contrary to the stereotype.

Post a reply to this message