POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dark visions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Dark visions (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Dark visions
Date: 22 Jun 2009 15:16:05
Message: <4a3fd875$1@news.povray.org>
"In the beginning . . . we were ordinary street rats. Stealing our daily
bread and living off the efforts of Man's work.

We were captured. Put in cages and sent to a place called NIMH.

Where were many animals there . . . in cages . . .

We were put through the most unspeakable tortures . . . To satisfy some
scientific curiosity. Often at night, I would hear them crying out in
anguish.

20 rats and 11 mice were given injections.

Our world began *changing* . . . "

And with that, the sinister undertones of the orchestra begin to
gradually build into a terrifying crescendo. The discordant brasses
restlessly climb the scale through a succession of bizare key
modulations. A torrent of strings rain down. And all the while, the
relentless hammering of the xylophone ticks away in the background.

In front of me, the TV screen is covered by rats and mice, writhing in
agony, raining down into an infinite black pit in the center of the
view. Abstract patterns and elaborate kaleidoscopic geometry spiral
outwards hypnotically. And now we see a rat in closeup, and the
cacophony of orchestral wrath is joined by a thunderous heartbeat. Now
sound and vision go completely crazy; spinning rainbow-coloured patterns
and frenetic chromatic scales, crashes of thunder and arcs of lightning,
and still that cavernous heartbeat. The visuals cut rapidly from shot to
shot, and the orchestra builts to a final histerical pinnacle...

And then . . . a b s o l u t e   s i l e n c e . . . . .

At this point, I'm five-and-a-half years old, my little sister is four,
and we're both sitting on the sofa absolutely rigid. Astounded,
terrified, and yet... mesmerised. What the HELL is going to happen next?

To answer that... you must watch the film. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/