POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suddenly I don't feel so bad... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Suddenly I don't feel so bad... (Message 1 to 10 of 40)
From: Darren New
Subject: Suddenly I don't feel so bad...
Date: 15 Jun 2009 20:17:24
Message: <4a36e494$1@news.povray.org>
... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
countries are on a globe.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/15/body.knowledge.survey/index.html

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Insanity is a small city on the western

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Suddenly I don't feel so bad...
Date: 16 Jun 2009 04:31:20
Message: <4a375858$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> ... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
> countries are on a globe.

In fairness, I would suggest it's fairly common knowledge that your
heart is located in your ribcage, but *precisely* where? I wouldn't
know. And exactly how lage? Nope, not really sure.

Most doctors, presumably, would know this though. :-P

Post a reply to this message

> > ... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
> > countries are on a globe.
>
> In fairness, I would suggest it's fairly common knowledge that your
> heart is located in your ribcage,

Ouch!

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> ... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
>> countries are on a globe.
>
> In fairness, I would suggest it's fairly common knowledge that your
> heart is located in your ribcage, but *precisely* where? I wouldn't
> know. And exactly how lage? Nope, not really sure.

http://www.hobbytron.com/human-body-model-visible-man.html

It's also common knowledge that Switzerland is in western Europe somewhere.
Exactly where? I wouldn't know. Precisely how large? Not really sure.

Same thing, really. :-)

In my defense, anything more than 1000 miles away is all in the same place,
namely, the airport. ;-)