POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suddenly I don't feel so bad... : Re: Suddenly I don't feel so bad... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suddenly I don't feel so bad...
From: andrel
Date: 16 Jun 2009 16:15:31
Message: <4A37FD64.8020402@hotmail.com>
On 16-6-2009 2:17, Darren New wrote:
> ... about those surveys that say Americans don't know where various
> countries are on a globe.

Another thing in defence of Americans: Europeans have just as much
trouble locating US states and Canadian provinces. If there is news of,
say, a school shooting many Europeans will not know much better than
that something happened in the US. About as informative as knowing that
  Vaduz is in Europe.
It would only get a little embarrassing if a European head of state
would suggest that e.g. Atlanta is the capital of San Francisco. That
sort of magnitude of confusion is more typical USA.