POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : False "minimum system requirements" in modern games Server Time
9 Oct 2024 09:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  False "minimum system requirements" in modern games (Message 8 to 17 of 47)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games
Date: 6 Jun 2009 19:19:12
Message: <4a2af970$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Perhaps the idea is simply "yes, it will run on an older CPU, but in
> that case you will need a much faster GPU to compensate", and what they
> are listing is some kind of "average minimum" hardware settings to get
> the game running ok. However, it would still be nice if they were a bit
> more specific, especially about whether the game is 32-bit or not. And
> maybe give a few example "minimum" hardware assemblies which will run
> the game.

	My guess is that they're listing the minimum specs that they
_guarantee_. In other words, they didn't bother testing it with anything
lower.

	It's really the only explanation I can come up with - otherwise they're
needlessly limiting their market (unless they're in bed with the
hardware manufacturers).

--
Don't take life so seriously.  It won't last.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message