POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : False "minimum system requirements" in modern games : Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games
From: Warp
Date: 7 Jun 2009 15:20:12
Message: <4a2c12ec@news.povray.org>
> Have you ever seen an AV program actually cause a problem with
> something?

  Yes. I had some kind of problem between F-Secure and AQtime, which
made the latter sometimes behave erratically.

  After discussing about it with the AQtime developers, they fixed the
problem on their side.

  Besides, I suppose resident scanners can sometimes slow things down,
especially if they decide to scan the files the game is trying to read...

--
                                                          - Warp