POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frightening technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Frightening technology (Message 21 to 30 of 70)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Frightening technology
Date: 29 May 2009 13:04:31
Message: <4a20159f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, considering all this, I have a vast collection of CDs and my dad
>> has a comparable collection of DVDs, and they all work absolutely
>> flawlessly.
>
> Try a child of your own or a grandchild.

...?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 29 May 2009 15:18:12
Message: <4a2034f4@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Well, considering all this, I have a vast collection of CDs and my dad
>>> has a comparable collection of DVDs, and they all work absolutely
>>> flawlessly.
>>
>> Try a child of your own or a grandchild.
>
> ...?

Children scratch CDs?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 29 May 2009 15:36:32
Message: <4a203940@news.povray.org>
> Then it's worth being careful with the things you purchase.

  Compare to the good old 3.5-inch floppies. You could throw them accross
the room and hit a wall and play football with them, and they would still
work just fine.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 May 2009 16:47:02
Message: <4a2049c6$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Try a child of your own or a grandchild.
>> ...?
>
> Children scratch CDs?

Oh, right.

Well, if you have children around, you just have to accept that anything
remotely valuable *will* be destroyed, and there is nothing you can do
about it. I've seen plenty of VHS tapes destroyed by children - and
they're are armour-plated!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/