POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frightening technology : Re: Frightening technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frightening technology
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 May 2009 16:49:06
Message: <4a204a42$1@news.povray.org>
>> Then it's worth being careful with the things you purchase.
>
>   Compare to the good old 3.5-inch floppies. You could throw them accross
> the room and hit a wall and play football with them, and they would still
> work just fine.

Interestingly, all the floppies I own have gradually stopped working.
Almost every single one of them now regularly has bad sectors or
suddenly shows up as "not formatted". I guess because they're so old now...

And yet, I have CDs purchased in the time before you could purchase 3.5
disks in shops. And they're still in mint condition. (But then, they're
optical, not magnetic, so...)

As I said note... What the **** do they make the actual disk out of?
Because man, it's unbreakable! They should make shopping bags out of
that stuff!!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/