POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Watchmen vs The Incredibles (Message 66 to 75 of 125)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
Date: 16 May 2009 15:42:47
Message: <4a0f1737@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] nospam-gmailcom> wrote:
> If the plot in the Watchmen entry can't be taken for granted, they'd
> better just drop the whole entry altogether.

  You are still confusing "original research" with "hard to prove" or
"doubtful" or whatever.

  It doesn't matter how much the plot in the wikipedia entry for the
Watchmen resembles the plot in the Incredibles entry. They could be
word-for-word identical for all that matters. Claiming that one is
inspired by the other, without giving any valid third-party references,
would still be original research. In other words, the writer of the
encyclopedia giving his own personal opinion.

  You can argue all you want about how similar they are, but you will be
completely missing the point.

  (Another problem with you making the claim, without verifiable sources,
is that your claim might be *false*. That's the problem with original
research: It reflects *your* opinion and/or *your* findings, rather than
the opinion/findings of a wider respectable community of knowlegdeable
people. An encyclopedia is not a journal where you can publish your own
findings or opinions. Moreover, you might be *wrong* altogether.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message