POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles : Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
From: nemesis
Date: 16 May 2009 16:05:34
Message: <4a0f1c8e@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> The Incredibles or Watchmen?  your choice...
>
> Your plotline doesn't really match Watchmen, or Incredibles.
>
> Watchmen didn't have super-heros abounding - they were normal people,
> except for Jon, who doesn't exactly Abound.

Yes.  You still call Batman, Daredevil or The Phantom a super-hero,
don't you?

BTW, the first Night Owl looks remarkably similar both to The Phantom
(mask, hood and smile) and to Robin (scaled underwears, shirts).

>  The government rules them
> out for different reasons, and those reasons motivate the remaining
> heroes differently.

They are still ruled out by the government.

> In Watchmen, there are people living normal lives,
> some in undercover activities, and some working for the government.

Yes, in undercover ops.

> In Incredibles, nobody "discovers" a malign plan hidden on an island

Tell that to Gazerbeam, who even went as far as uncovering a password.

> In Incredibles, nobody goes investigating any conspiracy to
> kill super heroes - nobody knows they're dead until Mr Incredible finds
> the bodies.

 From the get-go Mr Incredible is interested in the missing of
Gazerbeam.  When he finally gets aware of Syndrome's plan, he goes
investigating and enters the computer room where he finds about all dead
heroes.

> Rorschach isn't tortured, he's locked in prison.

Mr Incredible is tortured and locked in prison.  Rorschach is -- ok, not
tortured -- badly beaten by cops.

> It isn't
> "Fellows" who free Mr Incredible, but his family.

Still his allies.

> You left out all the things in the movies that make them different, as
> well.

Sure, I was pointing out the similarities.

> Or are you saying it would be difficult to write a plot summary for
> Watchmen that shares *nothing* with the plot summary above?

You certainly can.